20-0955 CITY OF GREENWOOD FULTON STREET STREETSCAPE IMPROVEMENTS #14509
Bid Date12/12/23 10:00am
Company & Contacts
The City of Greenwood, Mississippi, will receive bids for the Transportation Enhancement for Fulton Street project, Federal Aid Project No. STP-8844-00(003)LPA/FMS 108861-701000, no later than 10:00 A.M., Local Time, DECEMBER 12, 2023, at City Hall located at 101 West Church Street, Greenwood, Mississippi. All bids so received will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The work shall consist essentially of the following items:
Fulton Street Streetscape Improvements
The above general outline of features of the work does not in any way limit the responsibility of the Contractor to perform all work and furnish all plant, labor, equipment and materials required by the specifications and the drawings referred to therein.
The attention of bidders is directed to the Contract Provisions governing selection and employment of labor. Minimum wage rates for Federal-Aid projects have been predetermined by the secretary of Labor and are subject to Public Law 87-581 Work Hours Act of 1962, as set forth in the Contract Provisions.
The City of Greenwood hereby notifies all Bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged and women’s business enterprises will be afforded the full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
The award of this contract will be contingent upon the Contractor satisfying the DBE/WBE requirements.
The Contract Documents are on file and may be examined at the following locations:
1. City of Greenwood, 101 West Church Street, Greenwood, MS 38930
2. Willis Engineering, Inc. 133 South Mound St., Grenada, MS., 38901
3. Plan House Printing Tupelo, 605 West Main Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
4. Plan House Printing Hattiesburg, 1A Churchill Street, Hattiesburg, MS 39042
5. Plan House Printing Gulfport, 14231 Seaway Road, Suite E-7, Gulfport, MS 39503
Bid documents are being made available via paper or digital copy. Plan holders are required to log-in or register for an account at www.weiplanroom.com to view and order Bid Documents. All plan holders are required to have a valid email address for registration. Bid documents must be purchased through the website. Questions regarding website registration and online orders please contact Plan House Printing at (662)407-0193.
Each bid shall be accompanied by a Certified Check on a solvent bank or a Bidder’s Bond issued by a Surety Company licensed to operate in the State of Mississippi, in the amount of five percent (5%) of the total bid price, payable to the City of Greenwood as bid security. Bidders shall also submit a current financial statement, if requested by the City of Greenwood. The successful bidder will be required to furnish a Performance Bond and Payment Bond in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the contract amount.
6. The proposal and contract documents in its entirety may be submitted in a sealed envelope and deposited with the City of Greenwood, 101 West Church Street, Greenwood, Mississippi or may be submitted electronically in its entirety at www.weiplanroom.com prior to the hour and date above designated. No stripped bids will be accepted. No bidder may withdraw his bid within sixty (60) days after the date of actual bid opening, without Owner’s consent.
Work to be performed shall be in accordance with the “Mississippi State Highway Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction, 2017", together with all amendments and/or special provisions and/or addenda to the standards duly approved and adopted, unless otherwise noted in these specifications.
The attention of Bidders is directed to the provisions of Subsection 102.07 pertaining to irregular proposals and rejection of bids.
CITY OF GREENWOOD LEFLORE COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI
Carolyn McAdams, Mayor
City of Greenwood
November 9, 2023
November 16, 2023